Monday, April 11, 2011

Comic Reflection

I love being a teacher-librarian. One of the reasons I love it is because I'm constantly learning new things and experimenting with technology, information literacy, and reading. I learn a lot from conferences. In the near future, I'll be attending the Canadian Library Association's conference in Halifax, Nova Scotia, and the International Association of School Libraries' conference in Mona, Jamaica. I'm looking forward to those upcoming PD sessions, but I also like to look back to past conferences and reflect on what I learned from them.

In February 2011, I attended the Ontario Library Association's annual conference and participated in the OSLA Web 2.0 Face-off. I really appreciated the new contacts I made from being a part of this presentation. Colleen R. and I discovered we both love using Bitstrips for Schools and we decided to use Bitstrips to reflect on the OSLA Web 2.0 Face-off experience. I was responsible for telling one team's point of view of the proceedings and she was to tell the other side of the story. Then, our plan was to jointly create a comic. The next few days on Monday Molly Musings will offer the comics I've created as part of this reflection. Hopefully, we'll be able to finish our joint comic so I can share it on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment